• es
  • ca

(ePUB) Once I Lived by Natascha Wodin • 9781852422219

Inici Foros Benestar Social / Bienestar Social (ePUB) Once I Lived by Natascha Wodin • 9781852422219

• This topic is empty.
Viendo 1 publicación (de un total de 1)
  • Autor
    Publicar
  • #23119 Reply
    Anthony Greer
    Invitado

Once I Lived
    by Natascha Wodin, Iain Galbraith

🔰 Once I Lived — READ MORE 🔰

• Language: english
    • Release date: July 15, 1992
    • ISBN: 9781852422219 (1852422211)
    • Author: Natascha Wodin, Iain Galbraith
    • Format: paperback, 224 pages
    • Publisher: Serpent’s Tail

About The Book

In the form of a letter to her unborn child, a young woman delves into her past. Through her narrative she resurrects spectres that still haunt her life: her mother, who wandered into a river and never returned; her violent, domineering father; and the chaos of post-war Germany. Born in 1945 to Russian parents, she and her family had fled from the famine zone of the war-ravaged Ukraine and ended up in Germany. Always an outsider, the girl’s perspective on the tyranny of society and of language, and on the adolescent’s desperate need to belong is clear-eyed, moving and unspoiled by self-pity. As the post-war West German economic miracle gains momentum and the culture of America — 1950s nylon blouses and blue jeans — infiltrates her provincial town, her status as an alien becomes increasingly oppressive. A testament to the human ability to survive, Once I Lived is the story of a child’s life moved by the forces of the twentieth century. It perfectly captures the essence of the outsider in a country that is becoming increasingly intolerant of aliens.

Paperback book Once I Lived read online for Kindle. FB2 Once I Lived Natascha Wodin buy on Dymocks. MOBI ebook Once I Lived download. Hardback Once I Lived by Natascha Wodin on Android on IndieBound. Online book Once I Lived by Natascha Wodin buy cheap PocketBook on Bookshop.

Viendo 1 publicación (de un total de 1)
Respuesta a: (ePUB) Once I Lived by Natascha Wodin • 9781852422219
Tu información:

Copy link